North Louisiana Chapter, Inc., National Electrical Contractors Association
Steven G. Martin, Chapter Manager
8909 Mansfield Road
Shreveport, LA 71118
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, local Union # 194
Terry Reynolds – Business Manager
5510 Buncombe Rd.
Shreveport, LA 71129
Shreveport Electrical Joint Apprenticeship & Training Committee
Brent Moreland, Training Director
1 013-B Gould Dr.
Bossier City, LA 71111
(318) – 7 46-6180
Program: Shreveport Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee
Director: Brent Moreland
Address: 1 013-B Gould Dr., Bossier City, LA 71111
Phone: (318) 746-6180
Description: The Shreveport Electrical Apprenticeship Program is a five-year program with classroom instruction and paid on-the-job training. Classes are nine months out of the year on Tuesday and Thursday nights starting at 5:00 PM for 2.5 hrs. The program covers all phases of the electrical industry from conduit installation to instrumentation. On the job training starts about June 15 each year.
Applications: Applications will be taken Monday – Friday, year around from 8:00AM until 4:30 PM. Applications will be taken at 1 013-B Gould Dr., Bossier City. Applicants must apply in person.
This is an equal opportunity program and anyone will be considered that meets the following requirements:
• Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
• A high school graduate or GED
• Passed one year of algebra
• Receive a qualifying grade on a nationally administered aptitude test
• Be physically able to perform the work on an electrical apprentice
The following documents must be provided:
• Birth Certificate
• Social Security Card
• Driver’s License
• Transcript of High School Grades
• High School Diploma or GED certificate
• Proof of passing one year of Algebra
• Application fee: $25.00 (cash, check, money order)