North Louisiana Chapter, Inc., National Electrical Contractors Association
Steven G. Martin, Chapter Manager
8909 Mansfield Road
Shreveport, LA 71118
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, local Union # 194
Brent Moreland – Business Manager
5510 Buncombe Rd.
Shreveport, LA 71129
Shreveport Electrical Joint Apprenticeship & Training Committee
Matt Lafisca, Training Director
1013-B Gould Dr.
Bossier City, LA 71111
(318) – 746-6180
Program: Shreveport Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee
Director: Matt Lafisca
Address: 1013-B Gould Dr., Bossier City, LA 71111
Phone: (318) 746-6180
Description: The Shreveport Electrical Apprenticeship Program is a five-year program with classroom instruction and paid on-the-job training. Classes are nine months out of the year on Tuesday and Thursday nights starting at 5:00 PM for 2.5 hrs. The program covers all phases of the electrical industry from conduit installation to instrumentation. On the job training starts about June 15 each year.
Applications: Applications will be taken Monday – Friday, year around from 8:00AM until 4:30 PM. Applications will be taken at 1013-B Gould Dr., Bossier City. Applicants must apply in person or download application and return in person.
This is an equal opportunity program and anyone will be considered that meets the following requirements:
• Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
• A high school graduate or GED
• Passed one year of algebra
• Receive a qualifying grade on a nationally administered aptitude test
• Be physically able to perform the work of an electrical apprentice
The following documents must be provided:
• Birth Certificate
• Social Security Card
• Driver’s License
• Transcript of High School Grades
• High School Diploma or GED certificate
• Proof of passing one year of Algebra
• Application fee: $25.00 (cash, check, money order)